Dr. Donald Pardlow
Chief Editor of The Visionary Pedagogy Series, Don Pardlow researches transforming the traditional language-arts curriculum into one that also cultivates critical thinking and visionary leadership.
Don Pardlow is an Associate Professor of English and a Coordinator of Composition at Claflin University. A teacher of English composition, English literature, applied linguistics, creative writing, logic, critical thinking, creativity, and transformational leadership, Pardlow is a published poet and fiction writer, and he is experienced in the administration and assessment of developmental, undergraduate, and graduate English composition programs.
A frequent presenter at the Research Network Forum (RNF) of the Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC), he is the author, editor, and compiler of the English department’s Handbook for the Teaching of First-Year English (2016).
Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/donald.pardlow and http://donpardlow.byethost4.com/
- Doctor of Philosophy in English: Rhetoric and Linguistics from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Arts and Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Creativity and Its Role in Pedagogy
- Language Acquisition
- Teaching Second Language and Second Dialect Learners
- Applied Neurolinguistics
- Classical Rhetoric
- Traditional Logic
- Modern Logic
- Old English Language and Literature
- Middle English Language and Literature
- Multicultural Rhetorical Traditions
- Developmental Writing
- African American Studies and Literature
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Creative Writing
- Writing Program Administration
- Leadership in Literature
- Digital Humanities
Cultivating Visionary Leadership by Learning for Global Success (Beyond the Language and Literature Classroom) (Anthology). Coedited with Mary Alice Trent. (Volume One of the Visionary Pedagogy Series.) Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015.
“Academic Argumentation Exercise.” In DiYanni, Robert, The Pearson Guide to Critical and Creative Thinking. Boston: Pearson, 2014.
Notebook of a Gypsy Scholar (Poetry and Fiction). ISBN Number 0-9640230-9-1. Portales, New Mexico: Research University Press, 2014.
Flight to Flatland: A Descriptive Study of Using Creative-Writing Pedagogy to Improve the Teaching of First-Year Composition (Monograph). ISBN Number 978-3-639- 14094-1. Saarbrücken, Germany: VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller Publishing Limited, 2009.