Raishad J. Glover
Raishad JaBar Glover is an Instructor of Art at Claflin University. Glover has engaged a thoughtful variety of professional platforms from intermediate to advance Drawing, Visual Communication and Studio Seminar to name a few.
His practices have accommodated him with the opportunity to challenge exceptionally driven and focused students from adverse design backgrounds to perspectives within composing a humble learning curriculum. Moreover, he is committed to the interdisciplinary approach of teaching capabilities, and his courses are structured with this in mind. From simply lecturing for a class, Glover strive to cultivate an interactive environment through which students can develop themselves creatively, at the same time, learning how to supervise up-to-the-minute tools and awareness of disciplines, impart to receiving a concrete foundation, fashioned from, traditional practices and concepts.
- Yale University, MFA,
- School of Museum for Fine Arts, Diploma BFA Equivalent
- Southern Arkansas University, Assistant Professor: Art & Design; MACLAB Coordinator, Magnolia, AR.
- Xavier University, Guest Lecture, New Orleans, LA.
- Lone Star College, Guest Lecture, Houston, TX.
- Fountain of Youth Foundation, Art Director, New Orleans, LA.
- Syracuse University, Digital Arts Instructor, Syracuse, NY.
- Bryant and Stratton College, Guest Lecture, Syracuse, NY.
- Partnership for the Arts, Art Director, Syracuse, NY.
- Elmcrest Children Center, Child Care Worker, Syracuse, NY.
- Community Folk Art Center, Instructor, Syracuse, NY.
- Xavier University, Guest Lecture, New Orleans, LA
- Yale University, TA: Intermediate Painting, New Haven, CT.
- Yale Digital Center for Media Arts, Computing Assistant, New Haven, CT.
- Putney Student Travel, Instructor: Sustainable Architecture Design, Amherst, MA.
- Yale Norfolk, Visiting Artist, Norfolk, CT.
- Loyola University, Guest Lecture, New Orleans, LA.
- GASP [Gallery Artist Studio Place], Artist on Art Lecture Series, Brookline, MA.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Computing Assistant, Boston, MA.
Activities and Honors
- “Film and Video Festival”, New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans, LA.
- “It’s A Phase”, Russ Pitman Park,[Co. Curator] Houston, TX.
- “The Mosaic Harvest” [Solo Exhibit] Brinson Fine Art Gallery, Magnolia, AR.
- “Eco-Logic”, Tea Room Gallery, Houston, TX.
- [Curatorial] "Ormond R White: New Series", Brinson Fine Art Gallery; Magnolia AR.
- “Phat Tuesday”, Magnolia Arts, Magnolia, AR.
- “December Sale”, Grossman Gallery, Boston, MA.
- “Death Does the Popscicle”, GASP [Gallery Artist Studio Place] Brookline MA
- “Hatian Relief Benefit” Spark Art Space, Syracuse, NY
- “18th Matrillineage Symposium, Spark Art Space, Syracuse, NY.
- “Cabernet Initiative III”, [Co. Curator] 37 Greenpoint Ave., Brooklyn, NY.
- “R-Evolution Revolver”, Gear Factory, Syracuse, NY.
- “M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition”, Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- “Art Rages ”, Mobius, Boston, MA.
- “The Armory Show, Tilton Gallery, New York, NY
- “Art Parade”, Deitch Projects, New York, NY
- “The Buffet Illusion”, Howard Yezerski Gallery, Boston, MA
- “12th Non Grata Film and Video Festival”, Brighton, UK.
- “Yale M.F.A. Exhibition II”, Green Gallery, New Haven, CT.
- “Test #6”, Mass School of Art and Design, Boston, MA.
- “Yale M.F.A. Exhibition I”, Green Gallery, New Haven, CT.
- “Text and Image”, GASP [Gallery Artist Studio Place], Brookline, MA
- Sculpture Magazine "Reviews: It's a Phase"
- Michael Griffths, September Edition
- The Post Standard, “How Central New Yorkers Can Help Haiti Earthquake Victims”,
- Lulu Publishing, “Yale School of Art Painting and Printmaking
- Catalog 2007”, Robert Storr;
- Artnet, “The Armory Bowl”, Ben Davis